Root Canal Alternatives in the Chicago Loop
Is a root canal the best CHOICE?
$199 New Patient Special
- Comprehensive holistic exam + cleaning
- Discount on x-rays
- Discussion of dental and health history
- Review of our in-house payment options
- Custom holistic treatment plan
Don’t wait another minute. See a dentist who cares about you and your whole-body health.
Note: This special offer is for new patients without dental insurance.
Our integrative approach to root canal treatments
The field of biologic dentistry challenges the traditional field of dentistry on the use of root canals. We are here to answer your questions on this debate. Our first goal is to prevent them in the first place, right? We agree that we would rather not do any root canals, but often the alternatives to root canals are not fully understood when making this decision.
We are here to help you decide your best options.
If we are having a discussion on root canal options, it is generally because of pain. Either pain caused by a bacterial infection into the nerve of your tooth or trauma that has caused an internal fracture in your tooth. Often, the trauma is simply grinding your teeth too hard during the day or night. The distinction is important when deciding on treatment.
When discussing root canal alternatives, we focus on:
- Do what you can and what we can to prevent a root canal. Reduce cavities, reduce bacterial profile, reduce grinding. Prevention is always a less expensive and healthier option.
- Many traditional dentists will recommend root canals without giving your body time to heal on its own. Teeth have repaired themselves without intervention for many, many years. We take this into account and help you understand why to simply give your body more time to heal without intervention.
This is the future of dentistry and systemic health awareness — and it’s happening right now at Choices in Dentistry. Call (312) 368-8771 to schedule a complimentary meet-and-greet session. Your complimentary session can be conducted in person or via online televisit.
Ozone for your health
Ozone, which reduces anaerobic pathogens, is an all-natural way to protect your health during a root canal procedure. By balancing the bacterial biofilm, our dentists are able to help protect your immune system.
What to expect from your root canal treatment
If we decide that you want to give a root canal a try, we have the alternative protocols to take into account the questions posed in the biologic field. Ozone permeates tiny canals, and we fill the tooth with an inert paste that traditional dentists do not generally use.
If we decide that a root canal procedure is your best course of treatment, rest assured that your health, safety, and comfort will be our top priorities.
- Using high-tech low-emission digital imaging technology we’ll look deeply into the tooth to plan your treatment
- Your dentist will prepare the tooth, placing a sterile barrier, and applying all-natural ozone therapy to prevent bacterial contamination
- You’ll be fully numb and completely comfortable before we get started
- We’ll gently remove the decayed and infected tooth structure, continuing to use ozone therapy to ensure sterility throughout your treatment
- The tooth will be sealed and we’ll take an impression for the final restoration, usually a crown
- A temporary crown will be placed on your tooth — you’ll return for a final visit when the finished crown is ready
Our integrative approach to root canal procedures and systemic health
By doing root canals this way, we are reducing the chronic strain of continued anaerobic pathogens that the biologic field points to as the problems with traditional root canal therapy. We are not leaving behind the potential challenge to your system. Instead, we boost your immune system and reduce complications as safely as possible.
Most teeth will need a restoration that will look and function like a natural tooth for years to come.
During your appointment, we’ll encourage you to ask questions like:
- Why are root canals so common?
- Is a root canal treatment always needed — or even the best option for me?
- How can I prevent tooth decay in the future?
- How can we avoid root canal toxicity?
About Choices in Dentistry
It’s more than our name — it’s a philosophy and our unique approach to dentistry. When you visit our practice, it’s exactly what you’ll find: choices.
You’ll get the information you need to make the best possible decision for your smile and health. We’ll explain every option and answer any questions you have. Our unique approach to dentistry emphasizes…
- Personalized care
- High-tech and high-quality treatments
- Friendly and gentle dentists and staff
- Eco-friendly and mercury-free office
- Easy-to-understand billing and insurance options
Very friendly staff and great experience overall!
– Douglas S.
Insurance, financing, and payment options
You are our priority, not your insurance
You have options!
Don’t have dental insurance? Don’t love your dental insurance? You have a CHOICE!
We want to make your experience better so you can worry less about paying for your treatment. You’ll be able to focus on making the right CHOICE for your health.
Learn more about our in-house membership today!
Make the right choice
Schedule a consultation at our Chicago Loop office today to learn more about our integrative approach to root canal therapy. Let us help you maximize your health and wellness.
Call our office (312) 368-8771 or contact us online.