Leaky Mercury Fillings | Choices in Dentistry
Choose safer, healthier alternatives for your smile
Swap silver for safer smiles!
Silver amalgam fillings, a once-common solution for dental restorations, can pose significant risks to your oral and overall health. Composed of a mixture of metals, including nearly 50% mercury, these fillings have the potential to leak and release toxic mercury vapor over time.
If you haven’t had your dental restorations, including your old silver amalgam fillings, examined in some time, it’s time to call and schedule an appointment at Choices in Dentistry. Don’t let tooth decay and gum disease play undercover agents beneath old, sneaky silver fillings. Embrace the modern, mercury-free alternatives!
S.M.A.R.T. – Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique
Do you have mercury fillings in your mouth? Not only is mercury toxic, but the metal is also damaging to your tooth structure. We would love the opportunity to see you and discuss the possible risks of mercury fillings and the options available to you.
Choices in Dentistry is the only S.M.A.R.T. certified practice in the Chicago Loop. Our team has the experience, training, and high-tech equipment needed to safely remove silver fillings without exposing our patients or the environment to toxic mercury.
Call (312) 368-8771 to schedule an appointment to ask questions and learn more about the benefits of white dental fillings.
Revitalize your smile: embrace mercury-free dentistry
Choices. That’s what integrative dentistry is all about. Our approach empowers you to take control of your health while we support you. At Choices in Dentistry, we offer our patients non-toxic mercury-free fillings made from biocompatible composite ceramic resin.
- Direct fillings – Completed in a single visit, your dentist removes decay, prepares the tooth, and places an ionomer or resin composite white filling.
- Indirect fillings – When decay is advanced or a larger restoration is called for, your dentist cleans and prepares your tooth, making an impression to send to a dental lab. After your restoration is made, you’ll return to have it bonded in place for a durable and stable fit.
These alternatives offer a safer and more aesthetically pleasing option for dental restorations while still providing excellent durability and strength.
Our focus is on preventive care to minimize your chances of getting cavities in the future. In addition to filling cavities, we educate you on the changes you can make, such as:
- Salivary analysis. Get a salivary test to determine your bacterial profile.
- Is your saliva too acidic?
- Sugar frequency. Did you know frequency matters more than quantity?
- The importance of checkups and exams — especially to review your home care protocols.
- Nutrition and the role it plays in dental health and whole-body wellness.
Choosing the path to wellness
CHOICES is more than our name. It’s how we approach dentistry — including dental exams and cleanings. At every visit, your patients will be able to ask questions, learn, and discover the choices they can make to improve their oral and overall health.
Our unique dental philosophy emphasizes…
- Personalized care
- High-tech and high-quality treatments
- Friendly and gentle dentists and team
- Eco-friendly office
- Simplified billing and insurance options
- Take a quick tour of our eco-friendly office
- Meet your dentist to discuss your oral health and dental history
- Talk about any mouth pain or issues you’re having
- Ask questions or get a second opinion about any concerns you may have
This short get-to-know-you session will end with a free microscopic analysis to assess your teeth and gums health.
When we’re done, we’ll talk about what comes next and get you scheduled for a full exam and cleaning.
New patients are welcome
FAQ about leaky mercury fillings
How do I know if I have leaky mercury fillings?
It can be difficult to determine if you have leaky mercury fillings without a dental examination. However, some symptoms that may indicate a problem include fatigue, headaches, muscle weakness, and sensitivity to cold temperatures.
Can leaky mercury fillings be removed?
Yes, leaky mercury fillings can be removed and replaced with a safer alternative material.
Should I have my mercury fillings removed?
The decision to have your mercury fillings removed should be made in your appointment at Choices in Dentistry. If your fillings are leaking or causing symptoms, it may be necessary to remove them. However, if they are in good condition and not causing any problems, it may be best to leave them in place.
How can I prevent the need for fillings in the first place?
Maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting your dentist regularly can help prevent the need for fillings. Eating a healthy diet and avoiding sugary and acidic foods can also help prevent tooth decay.
Insurance, financing, and payment options
You are our priority, not your insurance
You have options!
Don’t have dental insurance? Don’t love your dental insurance? You have a CHOICE!
We want to make your experience better so you can worry less about paying for your treatment. You’ll be able to focus on making the right CHOICE for your health.
Learn more about our in-house membership today!