Digital Dental Imaging in the Chicago Loop
Our CHOICE — but only when x-rays are truly needed
$199 New Patient Special
- Comprehensive holistic exam + cleaning
- Discussion of dental and health history
- Set of partial x-rays
- Review of our in-house payment options
- Custom holistic treatment plan
Don’t wait another minute. See a dentist who cares about you and your whole-body health.
Radiation and your health
Traditional “film” dental x-rays (also known as radiographs) are an outdated technology. There’s a much more modern, effective, and yes, safe option for taking dental images.
But are any dental x-rays always the right choice? Dental x-rays don’t always tell the whole story, so we only recommend them when we are confident they will provide valuable information. If we can make a confident treatment decision without an x-ray, that’s what we’ll do.
Here at Choices in Dentistry, we make sparing use of high-tech digital imaging technology instead of old-fashioned radiographic films. In addition to digital dental x-rays, we find digital images to be invaluable diagnostic tools. It’s part of our holistic focus and improves your experience at our office. Call (312) 368-8771 to schedule a complimentary meet-and-greet session. Your complimentary session can be conducted in person or via online televisit.
Our approach to dental imaging
We offer a huge variety of high-tech CHOICES. No one choice is right for everyone or every situation. Instead, we tailor our recommendations based on your health
- Digital x-rays – Not only do digital dental x-rays require minimal radiation and produce a higher quality image but we can also manipulate that image. By adjusting color/contrast we can better interpret the image and can even assess the health of your jaw one to decide if there is room for an implant.
- Intra-oral imaging – High-definition images make consultations so much better because you see what your dentist sees with your own eyes. We are able to objectively monitor how your health is changing over time. Digital imaging allows us to provide a better experience during televisits, too.
- Diagnodent – Using a beam of light, the Diagnodent allows us to detect tiny cavities that can’t be seen with other diagnostic tools and tests. While we don’t rely on the Diagnodent exclusively, it is a great tool that allows us to make a more informed decision.
- VELscope – In just a few moments the VELscope provides a fast and reliable oral cancer screening and insights into the health of the soft tissue in your mouth — palate, gums, and tongue.
- CariVu – This is like a magic wand that lets us see cavities between teeth! If we suspect a cavity based on the results of an x-ray or physical exam, the CariVu gives us more confidence in our treatment plan.
Our integrative approach to dentistry and systemic health
Technology is simply a means to an end. It’s a tool, not a solution. Integrative care focuses on the end result, aligning the systems in your body to optimize for health and wellness. We don’t get distracted and caught up in the thrill of relying on the latest technology when other options are available to us.
Instead, we rely on our experience and expertise to provide you with the facts about dental imaging technology, allowing you to make an informed choice that’s best for your health. If you’re not interested in x-rays, we’ll work with you to create an alternative treatment plan that minimizes their use.
Remember, we only recommend digital dental x-rays when we’re confident that they’ll provide us with information we can’t uncover through other means.
About Choices in Dentistry
That’s more than our name — it’s our core belief and represents our unique approach to dentistry. When you visit our practice, it’s exactly what you’ll find: choices.
You’ll get the information you need to make the best possible decision for your smile and health. We’ll explain every option and answer all of your questions. Our approach emphasizes…
- Personalized care
- High-tech and high-quality treatments
- Friendly and gentle dentists and staff
- Eco-friendly office
- Easy to understand billing and insurance options
Insurance, financing, and payment options
We are in network with most Cigna plans!
If you have dental insurance, that’s great! We are in network with most Cigna plans and work closely with all other carriers.
Unfortunately, we do not accept Medicaid.
Have a question about how much your dental treatment will cost with your insurance? Call our office today at (312) 368-8771.
You have options!
Don’t have dental insurance? Don’t love your dental insurance? You have a CHOICE!
We want to make your experience better so you can worry less about paying for your treatment. You’ll be able to focus on making the right CHOICE for your health.
Learn more about our in-house membership today!